Welcome to this week’s Glass Full of Bubbles! This is when we recap all the stuff that happened during the week and then invite you to add a link to your recent post or something you found intriguing or otherwise We encourage you to go wild and inspire others – share the love, the irony, the chuckle, the good read, the lesson, the recipe… what ever pops your cork and lets the bubbles run free!
The opportunity to add your link will be open from Saturday until midnight Monday – to catch all those random time zones! So fill your glass!
This week Monday felt like Wednesday and so the slippery slope of being disappointed that it wasn’t almost the end of the week began. The reason for this dislocation of time was simple – as of Friday 5pm, I (Fluffy) would be on holidays – for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. You’ll understand that had to be in caps. I have been excited ALL week! To the point that when I got in the elevator to leave work on Friday I told some random (and kinda cute) guy that I was on holidays.
Where am I going? Nowhere. Yep! I am having a staycation! Other than continuing my running program for the Sydney Half Marathon, I can most likely be found on my lounge, in my bed, in my kitchen or on my balcony. I’m going to read, eat, sleep – repeat.
What I love about this holiday the most is that I lost no time in planning it and it’s free! OK maybe not entirely free, I have a feeling there will be a lot of brunches and champagne But not having to book anything or search for destinations, activities or hotel rooms was such a relief. It is ironic the amount of pressure we put ourselves under in order to actually de-stress and switch off for a couple of weeks.
As a go, go go, Virgo, its safe to say I’m not going to be entirely slovenly – in fact here are seven things I am looking forward to on my staycation:
1. Reading as many of the books on this list, that I haven’t already read, as I can in those two weeks (I’ll let you know how I go).
2. Taking a few afternoon naps… maybe some mid-morning ones as well. Naps are good for the soul.
3. Taking my second cousins to see Cinderella. I’m not sure who is more excited… me or them. Cate Blanchett!!
4. Going to the Sydney Royal Easter Show with my mum and cousins. Yes, I will be buying a kewpie doll on a stick and some fairy floss.
5. Going to the beach – no, not to bake – to fossick.
6. Catching a ferry – just for the sheer joy of being on Sydney Harbour. I’ll hop off somewhere, have a coffee, watch the world go by and then hop back on.
7. Hiking the 7 Bridges walk – I did this ten years ago and it was delightful.
And of course, I’ll be reading your favourite links and blogs for the week – go on, fill my glass with bubbles. Cheers Dears x