It’s Mulberry season and whether you have a tree or know someone who has a tree, you’re in for a treat with this sweet concoction! This takes a little preparation, but it’s worth the effort
What you need:
- 2 cups of mulberries (*note: mulberries are highly perishable, so this is best done within a few days of picking or purchasing)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
- A delicious bottle of champagne
- An extra sprig of rosemary
- A small saucepan and a heat proof glass bowl (because mulberries stain…)
The rocket science part:
- Keep a few mulberries as garnish and then combine the rest in the saucepan with the chopped rosemary, sugar and water.
- Heat gently until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for another 20-25 mins (stir occasionally but don’t mash).
- Strain the juice into the glass dish and leave to cool (the left-over mulberries are pretty yummy with ice-cream…).
- When cool, add a tablespoon (or to taste) to each glass and top with champagne.
- Garnish with the extra mulberries or rosemary.
Cheers Dears xx